(NCAABB) After three days of trials that started with 35 athletes, USA Basketball announced the 12-member roster for the 2019 U.S. Pan American Games Women’s Basketball Team. The squad includes five athletes who have won medals with USA Basketball.
The team members will return to Colorado Springs for training camp July 23-Aug. 5, before competing at the 2019 Pan American Games from Aug. 6-10 in Lima, Peru.
Jennifer Rizzotti (George Washington University) chaired the selection committee that also included 2008 Olympic gold medalist Kara Lawson as the athlete representative; and Karen Aston (Texas), Tonya Cardoza (Temple) and Wes Moore (North Carolina State) as the NCAA representatives.
- Bella Alarie (Princeton/Bethesda, Md.)
- Brittany Brewer (Texas Tech/Abilene, Texas)
- Chennedy Carter (Texas A&M/Mansfield, Texas)
- Kathleen Doyle (Iowa/Lagrange Park, Ill.)
- Tyasha Harris (South Carolina/Noblesville, Ind.)
- Taylor Mikesell (Maryland/Massillon, Ohio)
- Beatrice Mompremier (Miami/Miami, Fla.)
- Michaela Onyenwere (UCLA/Aurora, Colo.)
- Mikayla Pivec (Oregon State/Lynnwood, Wash.)
- Lindsey Pulliam (Northwestern/Silver Spring, Md.)
- Kiana Williams (Stanford/San Antonio, Texas)
- Peyton Williams (Kansas State/Topeka, Kan.)
Head coach: USA head coach Suzy Merchant (Michigan State)
Assistant coaches: Felisha Legette-Jack (Buffalo) and Vic Schaefer (Mississippi State)
The three gold medalists include: Carter, who won gold at the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championship and was selected to the all-tournament at the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup as the USA earned silver; Harris, who won gold at the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championship and silver at the 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup, where she was named to the all-tournament team; and Mompremier, who won gold at the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship.